Fundamental Duties of Indian Citizens
Fundamental Duties are defined as the moral obligations of all citizens to help promote a spirit of patriotism and to uphold the unity of India.
There are 11 Fundamental duties and they comprise of the following:
IT SHALL BE THE DUTY OF EVERY CITIZEN OF INDIA:
1) To abide by the Constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the National Anthem.
2) To cherish and follow the noble ideals which inspired our national struggle for freedom.
3) To uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India
4) To defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so
5) To promote HARMONY and the spirit of common BROTHERHOOD amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities;
6) TO RENOUNCE PRACTICES DEROGATORY TO THE DIGNITY OF WOMEN;
7) TO VALUE AND PRESERVE THE RICH HERITAGE of our composite culture;
8) To PROTECT AND IMPROVE THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT including forests, lakes, rivers and wild life, and to have compassion for living creatures;
9) To develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform;
10) To SAFEGUARD PUBLIC PROPERTY and to abjure violence;
11) To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavour and achievement;
12) Who is A PARENT OR GUARDIAN to provide opportunities for EDUCATION TO HIS CHILD or, as the case may be, ward between the age of six and fourteen years.